Okay, I think the reason I always procrastinate on the smocking is because I can't do it in one sitting. I like to sew clothes because I can sit down and easily make something cute in a few hours.
So of course I didn't smock yesterday- I made this instead:
This is actually leftover fabric from the dress I am smocking, and I have been wanting to try something with a collar and little pleats like this. I saw this pattern in the Otto magazine I have and decided it would be the best of both worlds. It didn't take me long and the collar was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
The shirt is really cute on, just a little bit big. I have no clue what she will wear with it, but it is one of my favorites.
So of course I didn't smock yesterday- I made this instead:

This is actually leftover fabric from the dress I am smocking, and I have been wanting to try something with a collar and little pleats like this. I saw this pattern in the Otto magazine I have and decided it would be the best of both worlds. It didn't take me long and the collar was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
The shirt is really cute on, just a little bit big. I have no clue what she will wear with it, but it is one of my favorites.

9 comments:
You're so good at sewing. Everything is very neat and the seams all appear to be straight. That jacket is very cute!
Very nice, I'm sure you'll find something for her to wear it with.
sourpatch
..to go with striped pants Or a print skirt of your whimsy!
I got the girls cute little blazer type jackets to go with their Easter dress that looked something like this.
When are you going to get your Serger in?
sourpatch
The serger comes on Wednesday, that is why I haven't posted much sewing lately- I am washing and cutting and getting ready!!
Wow... that is adorable. Wonderful job! Jeez I wish I could make something so amazing in just couple f hours!
Wow... that is adorable. Wonderful job! Jeez I wish I could make something so amazing in just couple f hours!
That jacket is ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment